Here’s a quick roundup on some of the more interesting Q&A I’ve taken part in on dba.stackexchange.com over the past few months.
- Why Does SQL Server Track Time Accurately For Some Multi-Statement Table-Valued Function Query Plans, And Not Others?
- Why Does Adding ORDER BY Cause An Index Scan?
- Solving Execution Plan Issues
- Why SQL Server Can’t Sort Expressions
- Read Uncommitted On Availability Group Secondaries? Not So Fast!
- Figuring Out Memory Requirements For SQL Server
- Deadlock Graph Disinformation
- A Delete In MY Insert?!
- Does SSMS Take Up A Lot Of Disk Space? More At 11!
- Should You Find Every Lookup In Your Plan Cache? Maybe Not.
- How Frickin’ Awesome Are CTEs?! Not Really Very.
- If A Query Spends A Long Time Waiting On RESOURCE_SEMAPHORE, Whose Fault Is It?
- Using sp_BlitzIndex To Correlate Missing Index Request Data
- Implicit Casts vs Explicit Casts At Runtime
- Why Did My Query Plan Suddenly Change, Part Infinity
- Of Memory Grants And Select Lists
- Changing MAXDOP For Fun And Profit
- There Are Still Questions About Local Variables
- What’s All That In tempdb?
- Writing Dynamic SQL That Won’t Get You Fired
Whew. That’s not even all of it. I should get out more.
Thanks for reading!
If this is the kind of SQL Server stuff you love learning about, you’ll love my training. I’m offering a 75% discount on to my blog readers if you click from here. I’m also available for consulting if you just don’t have time for that, and need to solve database performance problems quickly.